Andrea’s 20 Questions!
Have you met one of the latest additions to our team, Physiotherapist Andrea Ross? Get to know her a little more with her 20 question answers below!
- What is your biggest fitness achievement? I ran the Ultimate Trails Lakeland 55km (which was actually 58km) in July 2017 and came 7th It was an incredibly difficult course, mentally very challenging, but the views were stunning. I ran this event before racing my first marathon in October…a bit backwards!
- If you could only do one sport for the rest of your life, what would it be? Running. If it were socially acceptable, I would run everywhere.
- What is your favourite toy? My Nathan Fireball Hydration pack. You can literally fit everything inside it and go anywhere! Great for longer runs or when you feel like you need extra kit.
- What is your next big fitness challenge? For the first time ever, I’m taking a bit of a break and will re-assess my goals in January. However, long distance trail running is my calling and I will likely try to do a lot of the Coastal Trail Series in the spring next year.
- What is your favourite charity? I wouldn’t say I have a favourite, but I raised money for the British Red Cross UK Solidarity Funds this year for my Ultra, and last year it was Scope for a 70.3 ironman. I like to try and spread the love as much as I can.
- How would you distribute your lottery winnings? My family would get most of it. I owe them everything for helping me get where I am today.
- Who do you most admire? Mary Berry. What an incredible lady. You’d never know what she’s been through in her life by just seeing her on TV. I highly recommend her autobiography!
- Describe your relationship with food? We’re very close. Can’t live without one another…
- Are you in a relationship? Getting married in December!
- What bores you? Watching sport on TV
- What inspires you? The finish line of a race
- What trainers do you wear? Mizuno Wave Riders
- Describe yourself in 3 words. Helpful, Creative, Athletic
- Favourite movie? I can’t choose just one. Top 3 – Love Actually, Gladiator, and Man on Fire.
- Favourite tipple? White Wine
- Favourite famous sporting moment – Honestly, I don’t watch a lot of sports (see answer to number 10). Although, I do remember when the Canada won the Gold Medal in Mens Ice Hockey at the Vancouver Olympics in 2010. Made me proud to be Canadian!
- What was your last formal qualification? MSc Physiotherapy
- What has been your best overseas trip? Backpacking across Europe for 6 weeks in 2011. Everyone should do this.
- Do you own a bicycle? Two – a Kona ‘Jake the Snake’ and a Scott Contessa – Neither of which I move particularly fast on.
- What question do you wish you’d been asked? If you couldn’t do physiotherapy, what would you do….bake!
December 3rd, 2018 Clinical Pilates 1 – 1 Special Christmas offer!! September 28th, 2018 Calling all Windsor Half Runners! Special Offer Inside! September 21st, 2018 Christie’s 20 Questions! September 14th, 2018 Book in for your free place at our Foam Rolling Workshop! July 11th, 2018 Clinic Ambassadors Ben and Rhian Storm Breca Gower!!