The range of conditions seen by children’s physiotherapy is wide and varied:
- Developmental Delay; babies and young children not developing at the same pace as their peers. For example, not walking or sitting when they should be.
- Cerebral Palsy and other neurological disorders; Faye will assess and treat babies through to young people with cerebral palsy of all classifications of CP. Faye is a trained Bobath therapist and can offer therapy and assessment regarding postural management , specialised equipment etc. She will work alongside a child’s NHS physiotherapist.
- Downs syndrome and other chromosomal disorders.
- Development Co-ordination disorder (DCD); also known as developmental dyspraxia; difficulty planning and coordinating movement.
- Babies; plagiocephaly, preferential head turning, torticolis, Erb’s palsy and foot issues such as talipes and metatarsus adductus (forefoot curving in).
- Sports and growth related injuries; For example, Osgood Schlatter’s and Severs disease, Patella-femoral pain, adolescent back pain and postural issues.
- Walking and lower limb concerns; flat feet, toes turning in, knock knees/bow legs, tip toe walking.
- Post fracture or post surgery; needing specific rehabilitation.
- Joint hyper mobility/hypermobility syndrome.
- Rheumatological conditions; such as Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis.
August 8th, 2017 Weekend Round Up! July 21st, 2017 DC Ambassador Kate Allan on Fire in the TT world! Read her latest winning race report here! June 19th, 2017 DC Ambassadors Ben + Rhian Martin Reach ÖTILLÖ 3rd place! May 30th, 2017 DC Ambassador Kate Allan hits personal best yet again! May 26th, 2017 It’s never too late to start triathlon… Congratulations Lloyd!