Summer Roast! Rosemary & lemon roast chicken
Just because it’s summer doesn’t mean we can’t have a Sunday roast dinner but here BBC Good Food have given it a lovely Italian twist with Rosemary and Lemon!
- 20g pack rosemary
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lemon, zested and then halved
- ½ small red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1¼kg whole chicken, preferably free-range
- 4 medium carrots
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Very finely chop 2 sprigs of the rosemary and mix with 2 tbsp of the butter and the garlic, lemon zest and chilli. Gently lift the skin away from the breast of the chicken and press the butter underneath on both sides. Rub the remaining butter on the outside of the chicken. Stuff the lemon inside the cavity.
- Place the chicken on a wire rack along with the carrots in a medium roasting tin. Season, then scatter with the remaining rosemary leaves. Roast the chicken for 1 hr 10 mins or until the juices run clear, then remove from the oven and let it rest for 10 mins before carving. Serve it on a board with the carrots and a bowl of the roasting juices.
(Source: BBC Good Food)Categories: All Articles / Nutrition
August 6th, 2019 Client Corner! A Tale of DC Client Camaraderie by client Anna Troup! July 6th, 2019 DC Client James in the 3 week countdown to Ironman Hamburg! March 11th, 2019 Physio Matt’s 20 Questions! January 18th, 2019 Check out our great Run Prep Package!!! December 17th, 2018 Did you know we sell Christmas vouchers?!
September 17th, 2019 Foam Rolling Workshop