Summer side! Green beans and tomatoes with caper dressing
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 150g country bread, roughly torn into chunks
- 200g very ripe tomatoes
- 1 tbsp capers in brine, rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Small bunch fresh basil
- 350g green beans, trimmed
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- 2 tbsp mixed olives, chopped
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add 2 tbsp oil and the bread chunks. Gently fry the croutons until crisp and golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- For the dressing, halve the 200g tomatoes and extract all the juice by rubbing them through a sieve into a bowl (discard the flesh/skins). Add the capers, garlic, vinegar, remaining oil and basil leaves. Whizz in a blender (or with a stick blender).
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, add the green beans and cook for 2-3 minutes until tender. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a large salad bowl along with the dressing.
- Make a whirlpool in the boiling water and quickly crack 2 eggs into the centre. Turn down the heat to a gentle simmer and allow the eggs to poach for 2 minutes or until the whites are set and the yolks are still runny. Remove them from the pan with a slotted spoon, drain and reserve. Repeat with the other eggs. (You could also use soft-boiled eggs and peel and chop them.)
- Toss the beans and dressing with the chopped olives, cherry tomatoes and croutons. Season well and serve topped with the poached eggs.
August 6th, 2019 Client Corner! A Tale of DC Client Camaraderie by client Anna Troup! July 6th, 2019 DC Client James in the 3 week countdown to Ironman Hamburg! March 11th, 2019 Physio Matt’s 20 Questions! January 18th, 2019 Check out our great Run Prep Package!!! December 17th, 2018 Did you know we sell Christmas vouchers?!
September 17th, 2019 Foam Rolling Workshop